The first incarnation of Liveworm was established in 1982 amidst a growing concern that graduating students were not fully conversant with the design industry. Liveworm has helped bridge this gap ever since by providing students with the opportunity to work on real projects, for real clients, in a real studio environment. Liveworm is one of the longest running design studios in Australia and a flagship experience for multiple generations of Queensland College of Art Griffith University graduates.
Students undertaking Work Integrated Learning within Liveworm benefit from:
- hands-on practical experience and contact with both clients and suppliers
- application of theoretical knowledge into practice
- working in a collaborative, mentored space with assistance from professional staff
- exposure to a ‘live’ professional studio environment
- following projects from initial briefings through to published outcomes
- learning to negotiate within budgets, deadlines, and client requirements.
We undertake projects for:
- not-for-profit organisations
- government departments
- select for-profit organisations
- different groups and departments within Griffith University